Sunday, November 28, 2010
Saturday, November 27, 2010
Thursday, November 25, 2010
Sunday, November 21, 2010
Saturday, November 20, 2010
Thursday, November 18, 2010
Sunday, November 14, 2010
Friday, November 12, 2010
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Yes, it is November, no we have not had frost.
The leaf shredder is here, but apparently 530 pm is not an appropriate time to shred. I guess I will wait until 10 am tomorrow, JUST TO BE NICE.
Other than that, life is good and is getting better by the second.
Monday, November 08, 2010
I have realized that what happens Monday really sets up my week - especially this past year. Can you believe that 14% of my week affects the remaining 86%? It does - trust me.
This week, so far, so good.
My week in bullet points!
* I shot a bunch of unappetizing pictures today of a dish my mom made. Guess what, I'm not the only one shooting yummy but unappetizing food.
* I made a bunch of delicious and beautiful food to go with the ugly, but very delicious food.
* I am realizing that there is no way on this earth that we can eat all I cook.
* My friends and colleagues either love or hate me.
* I have a pile of leaves larger than a minke whale waiting be shredded.
* I pray my shredder shows up tomorrow.
* I realize that life is too short to care about what you look like in a tankini.
* I am beginning to recognize that good enough is a proxy for finished.
* That you don't have to finish every book you start or remember everything in a book you read 10 months ago.
* and that 10 pm is a reasonable bed time for basset hounds and their apes
Saturday, November 06, 2010
Friday, November 05, 2010
Thursday, November 04, 2010
Wednesday, November 03, 2010
Tuesday, November 02, 2010
Now think how much longer it is going to make changes mid stream.
We live in a want it now world, guess what the gov't doesn't work that way and privatizing, streamlining and thinking you can make things better usually inflates and reinvents the wheel.
Been there, done that.
Nm / head aching and heart sobbing
Monday, November 01, 2010
Where does time go?
Last month, I went to two of my favorite places in the world and a new place that I want to visit again and again...
Storm King Art center is outside of West Point, NY. I believe I could go there everyday of the year and be surprised by what I see in different light and different seasons.
The leaves on the Palisades Parkway were magnificent.
We went to Maine, via Montreal.
I got to meet Sophie and her mom. Meeting someone you have been interacting with on line for four years is a daunting thing. What happens if you don't click? Do you just walk away? Do you feign illness to get out of dinner you've planned a month in advance? What if the dog bites you? Montreal, I am enchanted by your city, your bagels and your dogs. Thank you.
and then Maine....
What can I say about Maine?
I'm sorry we couldn't spend a lot of time together this trip. Next time, we'll be running your parks and kayaking in your kettle bogs.
(This picture was taken in New Hampshire, but shh don't tell anyone).
I'm participating in NaBloPoMo. You'll see more of me here, lamely, but still....
nm - six states, one province, and 1.5 cider donuts later....