Wednesday, June 28, 2006

nothing like a good song

We went to see Arlo Guthrie tonight at the Zoo. The last few shows at the zoo have been mediocre at best with screaming children, poor sound quality and not very dynamic performers. Wow, Arlo and family were dynamic, witty and just fabulous. The kids were pretty well behaved and the sound quality was great. We had low expectations and we were overwhelmed.

He even did "this land is your land", which always make me smile.

I can't believe the quality of music I've heard this year, Keith Jarrett, the Junkies and Arlo and that I still have Calgary and Vancouver to hit makes me quite excited.

Work was hectic today. I have a major project undertaking that just isn't clicking and needs to be finished by Friday. I have many fires to tend and all I can think about is gardening this weekend and maybe visiting cousin Scruffy and aunt Pat in Mineral.

Are we still on cupcake?

Ernest is sitting his his bed and having his pre-bed snack of a carrot and me thinks its time to get organized for tomorrow.

later taters.

nm

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fuck you.

Nazila Merati said...

wow, i think we'll be using comment moderation from now on.

Someone get up on the wrong side of the basket?

Unknown said...

Have you ever had a chance to hear his "Happy Joyous Hanukah" witht he Klezmatics? It is absolutely breathtaking.

Sounds like someone has a hard time expressing themselves :)

jk said...

very weird...my brother was just talking about arlo guthrie. Seems he's been listening to alice, the full version, on his trips. Airlplane trips, of course.

he was amazed when i was able to fill him in on the last 30 yrs of arlo's career...and that i knew his daughter.

(i guess he thought he invented...)

jk said...

hmmm, my brother just brought up arlo, or did a week or so ago. Very weird...seems he's been listening to the loooooong alice update while on the plane.

he was, of course, amazed when i was able to spout out a few facts, and tell him about a.g.'s current career.

(Shaking my head, of course)

jk said...

hah! now you've got two, or three comments from me. My screen blipped when i sent the first, so i figured it was lost forever! but who knows....