Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Days of the week

Macarons, Laduree, September 2007.

Four days on the ground in Europe. Some could go with two pairs of smalls, I'll splurge this time and go with four. Ditto for socks. Socks used to be my big purchase, now with the Bush Peso in the toilette, I'll settle for recycling my socks from 2004 and pretending that things are better than they are. I could share with you my ATM transactions from last month and you can watch the dollar weaken yourself, day by day.

This trip is about London, Paris and Brussels. I'm seeing a great lunch in London, a michelin one star dinner in Paris and moules at Place St. Catherine to top things off.

I'll be flickring as I can, so stop by and see what is going on.

Thanks also for all the emails about LJ and SD. My parents still seem to be out of danger, but according to some, the smoke is pretty bad in LJ.

nm

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am thinking of your folks and friends. Hopefully the winds will start to die down a bit so they can get a leg up on the whole thing. Stay safe where you are!

Mony said...

I will check the photos. Have a great time!

Jennifer said...

Laduree... I'm sooooooo jealous!

Em and I leave for Brussels/Amsterdam in three weeks - pass on any good restaurants you find in BRU, will ya? I have my old standbys, but I'm always up for something new!

Oh, and I tagged you on my blog - when you get back, of course!