Friday, December 19, 2008

A snowstorm paralyzes Seattle, however at our local grocery store yogurt cups, milk and string cheese is still on the shelves.

Have my friends' kids moved onto goat cheese, hummous, pita and beer?

I sit here with a nice cold courtesy oh the TH, a dentist appointment at 9 am, lunch at a lovely restaurant that I fear has a windy road or major hill as obstacles and a crap load of work to do.

Ernest is three mountain passes with traction devices required and a wind storm to contend with. Hold tight bud, you may be spending Xmas with your bio family.

Yeah, I am whining.

I have plenty of food, electricity, a warm house, clothing, the ability to drive a AWD vehicle if I choose to. I also have great restaurants and local diversions if I get really get bored.

Others are not so lucky. The merchants who had a crap last weekend because of the snow, those who have to be at work or do not have the option of telecommuting, or those who can't get adequate amounts of food or shelter..

Reach out to your circle of friends -- wait go even further and check with your neighbors and see if everyone is okay. Sweep or shovel past your house if you need a diversion, it is the neighborly thing to do.




Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

2 comments:

Mony said...

it's currently 70 degrees here, windy
the cold reaches us by morning--but nothing like you're experiencing
it's just a very pleasant bad hair day for mony and Moses

I am sorry E. is stranded.The mountain pass will open when the spring thaws occur and you can hitch up a burro to go to bring him home.

Mony said...

update...yikes
it's 9 degrees tonight

mony, who was outside today in subfreezing weather watching a football game