Thursday, April 09, 2009

I can't really talk about growing up today, because I don't feel like I did a lot of grown up things other than schlep the dog to the groomer, deal with an increasingly mundane workload (soon to change), gardening way past dark, and spending money for things that seem intangible like car insurance and what not.

It seems like more and more people my age are playing games and removing themselves from reality. Let's face it reality these days can suck.
I am all for escaping, but honestly, it just doesn't seem that you should bowl until your taxes are done and the dishwasher is emptied. I know that a lot of people think I am a crumudgeon and cannot relax but when I add up the amount of stuff I do in the day there never appears to be time to relax.

Flying to Hong Kong for dim sum does NOT count.

How do you do it? How do you turn off your guilt gene and take "wii and me" time?

Off for a walk with you know who...


Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

1 comment:

Owl Chick said...

Schedule a time for you to relax, however you want. Even if it's only 15 minutes, you write it in PEN on your calendar and you are allowed to do as you please in that time.

It's like how they say saving money is easy when you pay yourself first...if you don't schedule time just for you, you end up not taking any.

Or you just ask yourself, "When I'm 80, will I be glad I did X or Y?" and then choose appropriately. (of course, when *I* am 80, I will have senile dementia and won't remember...in which case, who cares if the garbage never made it to the curb right that instant back in 2009...)