|Ernest basset esq. and his chicken.|
E is guest blogging today - He dictates and I type.
We are pet crazy here in the USA. Annually,we spend over $500 per household on our pets. I think in Seattle we're especially fond of dogs and my devotion to Ernest the puppy is pretty evident in the number of toys I seem to be tripping over in the middle of the night.
Every year, E gets a stocking full of treats, a squeaky and a small check that goes towards his college fund from my parents. He has a stocking at home as well and it is always fun to fill it. There are lots of cool things out there for dogs these days beyond the Nylabone and Chuckit toy to outfit your dog for the year.
Without further ado, I present Ernest's Holiday gift list for your well-appointed hound of a certain age.
1. Bassets get cold in the winter - here's my favorite lounging around the house outfit - The Teckelklub Fuzzie, its way nicer than your Snuggie.
2. If you are going to force me to go out in rain, I might as well stay dry with this cool Ruffwear Jacket.
3. I love a good bed including yours, but you snore. This bed is as comfortable and the cover comes off for you to throw in the wash - Memory Foam dog bed.
4. Thanks for keeping me itch free by bathing me with this awesome shampoo.
5. And safe with a Buka-lite collar that lights up for those dark mornings and evenings.
6. Now you are making me eat kale too? Kale treats from our friends at Wet Noses.
7. 30 minutes of day of lap/cuddle time without you staring at your phone/tablet, its better this way.
8. Walk me somewhere I can meet and greet other people and get treats and you can get some exercise.
9. Take me the groomers on a regular basis to get my nails clipped so I can stop clicking on the floor and wake you up. I promise not to bite them.
10. Donate a bag of dog food to other puppies who are not as fortunate as me - Mudbay taking in collections for 32 different organizations right now.
Ernest basset esq.
Ernest basset esq.