Monday, October 13, 2008

Um, I have stopped caring about the economy.

It only costs me 61 dollars to fill my tank every 10 days.

I have only now reduced my losses to half of my yearly salary (give or take), in the latest economic downturn! Everything is still okay! We are winning wars everywhere, the surge is working, people are happy with the dollar meal menu choices at McDonalds, Dancing with the Stars is still a big hit, and 90210 is back on the air. Long live the 80s, long live consumerism!

As for my money, after all, I'm whining about me. It should only take me five years to get it back if I want it in cash and still maintain a decent lifestyle of occasional travel, clothing purchases and new tires. I know my income did not decrease by 25-40%, but honestly, it just makes me not want to spend a penny unless I absolutely have to.

The brighter side -- we're all paying more attention to what the hell is going on with our money, right?

nm ready to keel haul an investment banker into shark infested waters

3 comments:

Mony said...

shall we all indulge in escapist activities?
I am promoting shooting cans in a vacant lot, with our bank logo on them
I know if I wanted to put a face I might want to plant an M80 in them, so I would be content to just leave a faceless logo and shoot a .22 and watch it hop around
that's my mountain heritage coming out...

Anonymous said...

Retraining real estate speculators to serve meals at shelters for the homeless?

Sending investment bankers out on litter patrol on our highways.

Having construction workers actually build pubic infrastructure rather than McMansions?


E-dd

Anonymous said...

Yeah. I have been saving and saving to take Spud to Disney again and I am thinking...hmmm. But we're pressing on. Gotta be a patriot and stimulate that old economy! Make the old girl howl!!!