Thursday, August 02, 2007

Donut day


Tomorrow I move offices. I am neutral about the whole thing. Its a lateral if now downward move, but it will bring our whole group together and that should make me feel the love. Right?

It also means that I am moving divisions, though technically I moved two years ago. It means that my mailbox moves and more importantly, I leave my coffee hour group.

They are not letting me leave.

So, in honor of Dennis, V and all of the fine folks that bring us climate variability and el nino predictions, I made a chocolate and zucchini cake from the Chocolate and Zucchini cookbook. I love this cookbook, I have made a few things out of it and some things over and over again.

This is another winner.

Behold, the cake.
The recipe can be found in the chocolate and zucchini archives, here.

Bon Appetit!

nm

3 comments:

Kerrio said...

I have the urge to rush home and bake this cake now.

I won't tell Brian about that courgettes.

Kerrio said...

The one bit I really loved in the recipe was in the nlurb that went with it:

"Someone even told me that nobody ever locked their cars in his small town, except when it's zucchini season, otherwise you risk coming back to find that someone has left a crate of zucchini on the passenger seat!"

Mony said...

Wow, this really looks good. I hope it was received in the generous and sincere spirit it was given.