Tuesday, August 28, 2007

lucky me

I am sitting in the presidential suite of my hotel, not because I'm the president (though Ernest may enjoy it), but because I asked for a room that was not on the atrium. The room they gave me was not cleaned, I went to the front desk to ask for my original atrium room back so that I could collapse. The front desk dude clicked a bunch of keys on his computer and gave me a key. He hoped I would be happy with room.

I am, I could have forty people over right now and I wouldn't even notice they were here.

I have the beginnings of a cold. I am overwhelmed by the amount of information and processing that happened today at my meeting. I am still trying to play catch up for the day and hopefully it will happend before too long. I'm bushed.

On the flip side, I found a marimekko store in Silver Spring and a cakelove. Cakelove is great, but marimekko travels better.

6 comments:

Mony said...

uh, um, how long are you there?
I seriously think I might arrange for a party.
I hope JK sees this post before you reply, and realizes who is also in DC on business...
mony

Nazila Merati said...

Miss JK is the one I called as soon as I entered my suite. She, NKK and I are dining at wasabi on wasabi tomorrow night.

I'll be here until 7:30 am tomorrow, so stop on by.

Mony said...

of course you did! ah, if only...
wasabi on wasabi sounds divine, with a great bunch of girls, but I am definitely NOT in d.c.! wish I could stop on by
Our friend (JK's and mine), Ronda is working her butt off for some Austin lawyers this month, beginning in d.c. and moving to Boston for the trial later in September. She is not even answering her mobile, they are working her so hard.
No junket I'm afraid... but the girl has a serious party penchant.

Nazila Merati said...

I had the pleasure of meeting miss ronda on Monday.

jk said...

yeah, poor ronda couldn't have dinner with us. but we did stand outside her bldg and have a half hour conversation. We could have gone on, but i was faint with hunger.

and mony---my sister was in nashville for a meeting earlier this month. they all received special hatch prints made up for the event! she's giving me hers.

Unknown said...

You know times like this I miss the beltway. Pittsburgh has decided to close the parkway into town this weekend...can't go nowhere. I miss the subway too.