|Hoxton Station, way out there.|
Update - Hyatt has honored our reservation at their other property without any intervention on my part. I love the AndaZ and will talk about why in a new post.
What to do when the hotel you have reservations at suffers an unfortunate kitchen explosion and has evacuated all guests until they can determine if it is safe or not.
- Be happy that they didn't just say, oops and laugh it off and blame it on a pot of beans
- Be relieved they have moved all guests into neighboring hotels and will not allow for occupancy until the hotel checks out to be safe
- Be relieved that while one person was seriously hurt, very few suffered injuries
- Realize that your stay is two weeks away and a lot of things can happen in two weeks, so you should chill
- Make alternative plans because even though you know they'll take care of you, you want to take care of yourself
- Not call the Customer Service line to bitch and moan because you applied an upgrade to your reservation and you will not accept a downgrade
- Read the frequent flyer thread on the incident with some amusement and realize everyone thinks their crisis is more important than their fellow travelers
- Keep abreast of changes through the hotel's social media streams
- All of the above I
I'm going with all of the above.
There is too much other drama in my life and I can wait a little longer to make sure my stay details are going to change. Follow @hyattconcierge and @hyattchurchill on twitter to track the status of the Hyatt Regency Churchill reopening.