Friday, August 04, 2006

Um, how can I say this?

Or, can I ask for y'alls advice?

Does anyone know how to clean the carcasses of mosquitos off of their semi-flat high hide white walls? Our bedroom looks like a murder scene occured there and yes, we have screens.

It is just that TH is tasty to those nasty critters and we both spend time each night before bed performing the mosquito reconnaissance and on my low bedroom ceiling are the remnants of kamakaze mosquitos who did not return from their missions. It is sort of gross and short of painting, I can't imagine what to do to make it look better. When she gets bitten during the night, we get up to find the bastard that did her wrong, because he's going to come back for more. So my short nights are broken down into even shorter segments.

Me? I don't seem to be tasty fodder.

I'm not complaining, I'm just thinking painting the ceilings chinese red and the walls sort of moth brown all in satin would hide a myriad of sins.

Other than that, TGIF. It has a been a bitch of a week.

nm

3 comments:

Mony said...

Well, it's not like you need a new project but...I think painting would be a very satisfying option, especially the colors you are contemplating.
this year I painted a bedroom a fresh-rust, or orangy-cinnamon on the ceiling with a greenish-tinted (but warm beige) on the walls
it is the most serene of all my rooms, even with the warm color scheme
Otherwise, have you tried 409? It works pretty good on my white 1940's painted kitchen cabinets.

Nazila Merati said...

Th nixed the painting, it would be too hard to see the varmits to kill them. I"m going to try that Mr. clean spongey thing and see if that works.

That, or I'm moving into the basement for the rest of the summer.

Mony said...

Being able to see ones enemies approaching is a time-honored war tactic. Just be sure you are not inadvertantly applying the 'mount trophy heads on stakes' tactic--very ugly and went out in the Dark Ages.