Monday, July 30, 2007

neighborly advice

We have a neighbor with whom we have little contact compared with the rest of our awesome neighbors. It could be her metaphysical aura, her long winded conversations or that I just don't like her.

Anyhow, it was so lovely for her to tell me yesterday that she had lost twenty pounds by quantum physics or what it that she redirected her hypothalamus?

I did not need to hear that....as I gain weight while prepping for half marathons and eating a balanced correct calories for my weight/metabolism diet.

Other than that,Dallas was very depressing. I am still processing what my aunt is going through. My dad is sad and that is hard to see. A major link to my father's history is now lost. My cousin is taking care of my aunt sixteen hours a day and I can't even imagine what her life is now like.

My friend B. promised me that if I'm ever incapacitated she'll make sure all my chin hairs are plucked and my bimonthly manicures will always happen.

She knows I'd the same the same for her.

nm

3 comments:

Mony said...

hmmm
I wouldn't dis your neighbor's power over transfer of matter if you cannot account for your recent weight gain. If this was a whiteboard I would sketch out a diagram how theoretically she could have redirected that hypothalamus straight to you. Visualize vacuum cleaner hose.
I can never get out of Dallas quickly enough because it's huge. I hope your cousin reads your blog.
mony

Anonymous said...

N - family health can rip right though your viscera - hold tight to T and Ernest can give you long walks, that can feed the soul, viscera, and generate a modicum of hopefulness ... it is hard work that you are doing. Hugs and visits in the gravel pit this week?????????? M&D

Kerrio said...

If I had a neighbour like that I would be just a *teensy* bit worried.

No - make that very worried.

Kerrio

PS. Never been to Dallas.