Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Old blue, where am I going, where have I been? July 2007.

I am sending off my passport today to get renewed. It expires in two weeks. I should have done it earlier, but between my own travel schedule and my parent's jaunt to the axis of evil, I just wasn't going to give it up.

Now I am.

I am freaking. To me a passport is freedom and a way out. It is a way to mark your citizenship and I am damn proud to have a blue one.

Seriously.

I booked a ticket to London for the beginning on August to see if that will help expedite it. If it doesn't show up in three weeks, I go off to the passport office and get one on the spot. I also will get two nice days in England to do as I please. If it shows up earlier, I can cancel my trip and just wait until September, when I am already scheduled to go.

Amazingly, I found availablity on BA for August.

The new passport pages are a snap. They even let you fill out a pdf on line and it prints everything out so that its legible. Probably speeds up most peoples' applications this way.

nm

2 comments:

Mony said...

I am astounded that booking an imminent flight will pull weight with those guys! I travel abroad so infrequently, and have been confused about the new requirements. I qualify for the 3 month category, best I can tell.

Kerrio said...

Never mind, august or september, it will no doubt still be raining.

Bring your frog toed wellies and an umbrella, or possibly a canoe.