Sunday, July 08, 2007

oh, more

best parts of today's race, in no particular order --

the swag bag and decent shirts
meeting becky and her friends from Dayton and finding out that they give good stuff at the end of the nike women's marathon (tiffany necklaces)
becky running to find out if one of the marathon runners was male or female, we, the other four had to know... she was female
the butts on the marathon runners - good incentive
the hills weren't that bad
someone saying "i smell bacon" around lake hills, and it did smell good
the great people and organizations that personed the water stations
the bagpipe player
the lake hills starbucks and their samples of white blueberry tea at the right time
walking past some of the childhood remembrances of bellevue --- my mom's hair salon, my pediatricians office, my dermatologists (oh the benzoyl peroxide of my youth), my now accountant office
walking with J and her being a good sport towards the end
having my mom and dad at the finish line

5 comments:

Kerrio said...

Bagpipe player??

The only time I've heard on in the "wild" was up on the coast of Scotland. He was standing on the edge of a cliff near a ruined castle in the middle of nowhere.

Must be the only place he could practise.

Next time I heard one live was at our wedding.

I do like a man in a kilt.

Mony said...

we're big on bagpipes here in Nashville, at funerals--go figure

man, races sure have a lot more perks nowadays--explains the exorbitant entry fees (in my opinion, but now I am starting to get it)

Anonymous said...

Becky said "I saw boobs". I for one am still not convinced that she did not also have man parts.

I went back to that Starbucks after the race in appreciation for the blueberry white tea sample.

The bagpiper was cool, but the SeaFair pirates at the end rocked!

Unknown said...

Sounds really interesting and fun! I am glad you had a great time!

Jennifer said...

Sounds like a great time. It gives me encouragement for my upcoming ThreeDay!