Friday, November 04, 2005

I'm done, toast and peanut butter

I am reconsidering these little runs for the black luggage tags, the twee black card and 2 million miler status (so close). I'm thinking that one long enjoyable and okay, more expensive trip to say Kyoto would have been easier on my psyche, soul and body, not to mention those in my family and circle of friends who watch flight tracker and will call me as soon as I land and tell me what gate my next flight is at.

Today was no exception. DCA to ORD was great, mellow and on time. ORD to FLL was 1 hour late so I really considered bagging it and going right back to DC for dinner. However, I made it and we turned super fast. The flight in was interesting, having never experienced Florida (on purpose), but it was an interesting landscape to view from the air.

My Chicago to DC trip was short and sweet with no seat opponent and really getting in the Sarah Harmer that I have on eckbo2 (ipod of mine). I did a bunch of sudokos (more on that later) and now I'm wondering what happened to TH, as my luggage is in Dupont Circle and I"m in the strangest hotel room I've been in for a while with a view of something in Crystal City. Now this is a place to avoid unless desperate to be close to the airport. Like Arlington, souless, but the restaurants are not worth mentioning.

Oh, did I mention Rolling Thunder, the geriatric edition is staying here tonight. That should be fun!

sigh.

No comments: