Tuesday, May 08, 2007

the miracle of the mommy network

Where the mommy mafia met, from the Iranian.com.

Today my Khaleh Mehri called me to thank me for the email I sent this morning to her son updating her on what my family was up to and where they were in their journey. I know that by sending out an email to a core bunch of my mom's friends, their kids and my family, the news will get disseminated far and wide and fast!

The mommy network is an amazing thing. I know I have written about it before. These are a group of amazing women who went to nursing school together in the 50's and still remain amazingly close friends, well, maybe more like sisters. I cannot begin to explain their bond. They laugh together, they cry together and they mourn together.

They are also amazing in their ability to run to eachother in the time of need or find the resources through their networks to make sure things are done correctly. I cannot tell you how much we benefited from K.Mehri when TH's dad needed help and we were 700 miles away.

I love them all.

nm

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know you're worried but it IS pretty cool! Like sort of when I go to Appalachia but maybe a little different ;) Those pictures are WICKED cool...I am so jealous because that's so neat. Your mom sounds really impressive.