Tuesday, June 26, 2007

home again!

Views from the Coastal Trail, Mayors Half Marathon, June 2007.

TH is off to OKC, but I'm home and happy about it, so is the dog, but most of you know that already. Its on the wires and he's going to be on Larry King soon.

Anchorage was fun, the weather was great for the Mayor's Marathon and we finished. We have another half in two weeks and the next two track workouts and this weekend I will be working on speed.

I have to say, it was very lovely and strange to be in a city where I have happily transitted for many years, but never really stayed. Neat stuff there. I have to thank Miss B. for her excellent suggestions, Uncle Bob for his generous hospitality for Saturday night and the smartwool people for providing what I believe to be are the best socks for me. Not one blister in 13.1 plus miles (all that running back and forth).

Seafair should be interesting. It is really hilly, so that is what the guides say. I figured as long as J's dad meets us with our Sbux orders, we're dandy. I wonder if the blueberries will be ready by then?

I'm having a hard time adjusting to being at home, between being tired, my hormones, the heat and my lack of enthusiam for my current work tasks, it is going to be a long week.

Looks like J and I may be in Des Moines for the Des Moines marathon. It looks great and would give me the Central time zone without any ice storms. Its actually cheaper than Dallas because hotels are inexpensive and its nice and flat. The fact its six weeks after Philly and only four weeks before Seattle should give me some time to recover.

3 comments:

Kerrio said...

aah yes - the travel, stop, travel, stop, travel, stop syndrome.

The only answer is to snog a recalcitrant dog.

Welcome home.

Kerrio
PS. Maybe you need MORE dogs? ;-)

Mony said...

I didn't know you guys had become such a race people! What a way to travel, and beats driving a car on the dirt track.
Smart wool rules.

Nazila Merati said...

One a month, every time zone in the US this year.

I need to find a 5K for Kauai on November 4th.

Or, I'll need to just run myself ragged.