Wednesday, June 06, 2007

on a more positive note

It appears as if our dastardly next door absentee landlord decided to pull the house of the market four days after putting it on the market. I guess they got a wild hair that they could sell the house and then buy a condo in hawaii with the money.

Maybe someone discussed with them with huge tax bite of capital gains if they plow that money right back into something (oh wait, there is that condo)...

Anyways, happy here. Our neighbor is not moving and peace has settled over the neighborhood.

Mony, your comments and suggestions are most helpful because we know we're facing something like that eventually.

Other than that, I have found a one level house that may work for my parents. Its reasonably (NOT) priced in the flossy neighborhood about five minutes from me (think large lots, million dollar views and four million dollar houses), five minutes from my work and five minutes from the store.

Me thinks it'll go over the asking price by 150K easy, so I hope it works out.

More later, I'm taking up valuable couch space and the dog needs it.

nm

2 comments:

Mony said...

whew!

Unknown said...

so this is good no?