Saturday, June 09, 2007

home improvement 101

We are painting the main floor bathroom. Don't even ask why, I think it all started because I saw mold on the ceiling. If I had just tsped that mold, I would be sitting reading a trashy novel instead of being covered in bluebonnet pain.

Ernest has paint on his ears.

We are a family who did not really do DIY. My father is an excellent general contractor did an amazing job putting together all the contractors when they built their house. He knows who to get to do what job, but I never grew up doing much around the house. I gardened and did so with my father all the time.

TH grew up helping her father build bookshelves, painting and replacing windows she broke playing baseball.

I'm not going to say I love it, but I am glad I know how to do some of it now.

nm taking a break from satin, low voc blue bonnet love.

1 comment:

Mony said...

we ended up having to put marine paint on the bathroom to keep that mold away--comes in like four colors, all awful, but no more mildew

bluebonnet sounds very nice, and painting is therapy if you don't hurry