Monday, January 23, 2006

merge me

God, I have had a day from hell, being micromanaged, dealing with data that just doesn't want to behave and realizing that in a week, I have to get up and tell the world what the hell I've been working on for the last few months. Nothing really, I am still waiting for a developer to free up to test out some stuff. I will have a lovely overview, some solid examples and a road ahead, but no fricking hard coding done. I am not happy right now. TH is in the same boat as well. We're not a fun bunch to be around right now.

I am desperately waiting my beta copy of ArcGIS 9.2 so that I can load it up and see if it really does everything it says it will -read my file formats of choice, have better documentation and make me a decent hot cup of coffee. Okay, that is a stretch, but the file formats are important.

So enough about my lame day at work.

They started on our floors today. Our house is a disaster area. It is worse than when we did the upstairs floors because it is so easy to move things downstairs than it is to move couches up the stairs. Our refrigerator is in our dining area and our oven is where the wood stove used to live. Now that we have liberated the woodstove, I'm thinking that it may be time to get a nicer and smaller one and move the old one into the JCDM library wing when it gets built sooner than later. We're testing the stains tomorrow and deciding whether it'll just be better to go natural.

Okay, back to merging DEMS or something or maybe just going home now...

nm

No comments: