Well, sort of ...
Oops and yech.
Sick really, but honestly, I can't tell whether I would want to announce this to the world if I had even the slightest inkling that I had done this.
Sitting at home on another rainy Thursday night, getting all psyched to make dinner (deciding between pasta and co. hazelnut tortellini with light alfredo sauce or chicken stir fry with lots of veggies. The lazy in me is going for the tortellini, Friday is a good day to chop veggies.
Just finished baking two batches of cocoa brownies with the Hershey's special dark cocoa which someone on a foodie bulletin board likened to tasting a bit like oreos. I think they may be right, but damn skippy,they make some beautiful brownies.
Here is the master recipe:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Special dark Cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts(optional) - I used guittard mint chips in one batch and sour cherries in the other
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 9-inch square baking pan.
2. Stir together butter, sugar and vanilla in bowl. Add eggs; beat well with spoon. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in nuts/chocolate chips/dried cherries, if desired. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan.
3. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into squares. About 16 brownies.
From www.hershey's com
Other than that, time to can up some more pear jam with cocao nibs and call it art. It's clean your fridge out Thursday.