Thursday, December 22, 2005

capturing the flag and the house

MMMMM, marzipan from Patrick Roger, Paris December 2005.

We got the all clear to move back into today, so we are moving forward with christmas festivities chez nm. Tree is now hung and settling in, main floor is getting mopped, vacuumed and everything else to get back to normal. We made a list for dinner shopping - troll caught white salmon from G's boat for Christmas and roast of meats (joints as they say in England) for Boxing day. Buche has been located and ingredients have been approved and maybe things will get back to normal soon enough.

It feels really nice to be sitting here by myself in the living room and typing away. Its been a good two weeks since I have been able to do this, alone.

I'm still sound like crap and am tired, but I think I'll slink into work and try and get something done tomorrow. We have the floor peeps coming in tomorrow afternoon to give us an estimate and my parentals expect at least one of us for lunch, so maybe making an appearance in the am is a good thing.

Oh well, at least I got a few holiday chores - presents for the kids, mom and dad and TH taken care of. I only have one person that I am having a devil of time finding something for!

later.

nm

No comments: