Sunday, December 04, 2005

sugar high sunday


Sugar, sugar, dragees. December 2005.

Okay, so it's not Sugar High Friday, but man, there is more sugar on my floor than I have ever imagined. I feel sorry for my cleaning diety, but methinks he'll manage.

Here are just a few highlights:


The calm before the storm: Lots of newspaper padding the table, table covered with sheet, carpets rolled up, paper towels handy. Food a plenty - hummous (homemade), baba ganoush with crudite, green chile artichoke dip, baked brie, other nosheri. Greens galore around the house and lots of spiced cider for thirsty guests.





Paris before it got toppled. My little friend W. loves Paris more than anything. I won't let him get to the cars quite yet as his little bro is too young to play with them, but I think this year for Xmas, he's getting New York and Tokyo.




The troll with a pierced lip, done by miss A, aged 5! Very very cool.



The very artistic ms. C.

Who would have ever thought that dragees could have made so many happy? I can't say much more than there will be some pretty dedicated five year olds keeping the martha stewart empire running for a long time.

I'm pooped now, the house is nearly back in one piece. We have a million dragees and non-pareils on the floor and at least another two loads of laundry to do, but once again, we survived the great cookie decorating extravaganza of 2005.

nm

We still have cookies, so come on by.

nm

4 comments:

jk said...

sorry i missed this. looks yummy. and crunch underfoot.

jk said...

i meant cruncy underfoot. but you knew that.

jk said...

no, actually i meant crunchy. can i go back to bed now?

we're expecting SNOW today in DC. you know what that means ---"abandon your cars NOW!"

Nazila Merati said...

its not so bad here. Next year, mark your calendar and make sure you can get a room at the Elliott Grand Hyatt. You can stay here, but you don't get a diamond amenity.

brrr. I should check the weather in ORD.