Thursday, December 01, 2005

let it snow

Back garden ornament, November 2005.

Actually, I'm kidding.

However, I have two lovely wreaths sitting in my office (One is for you, Miss L!). And tomorrow TH and I will buy garland. Tonight, she is brave enough to deal with buying a tree.

Why buy a tree so early? Because I want one and besides, with small children over this weekend, we'll only decorate the top half.

I think its time to weigh the cost/benefit to getting a dog and a cat. I am really missing the furry ones this time of year. The dog who used to love the tree because he could drink out of the bucket it was standing in, but didn't like it because the lights shined in his face while he was trying to sleep.

I think the cat loved the baking more than anything. That cat, even in her dotage could hear the egg carton come out of the fridge and be in the kitchen doing the "egg dance" in five seconds.

However, looking at pics of them last year, with Jacques' ramp to get up on the couch and his cat on the ramp in hopes of a cream cheese treat during his pilling, I get all sad. It will be a quiet holiday around here.

I really can't do a cost benefit analysis, I think it has to come from somewhere else, n'est ce pas?

I think it is still snowing, dammit.

nm

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, it sure is snowing here...and it's pretty but ask me about that again in about a month :) Dustings are nice...when it starts to pile up, I get cranky.

Tucker the crazy dog is at the groomer's right now. I do know what you mean though. My kitty is 17 and I will miss him when he goes. The house just seems empty without them.

Have fun with that tree :)

jk said...

ho ho ho.
i know you miss your sweeties, but enjoy the freedom you have at the moment. Think of how much easier it is to pack a bag and just go go go. ho ho ho.

speaking of photos, i'd like to see some cookie baking ones.

Nazila Merati said...

no tree and i miss them.

I think we'll get a dog soon. I do love the freedom, but honestly, that is what dog sitters are for. :)