Friday, December 30, 2005

Review time?

I got this idea from Jen, who got it from her friend Amanda's blog . I could bore you with the pathetic details of my life, but this is better.

JANUARY

1. Did you have a new year's resolution this year?: Sure, lose weight, get a new job, not start shooting up heroin or start smoking. I managed three out of the four, all but the weight.
2. Who kissed you at midnight?: TH, if we were both awake. I can't remember.
3. Did it snow where you live?: No, thankfully.
4. Have you ever been to Times Square to watch the ball drop?: No, I love NY , I hate NYE.

FEBRUARY

1. Who was your valentine?: I had three - TH, Jcdm and Rppm
2. What did your valentine get you?: I can't remember, I think it was a external hard drive.
3. When you were little, did you buy valentines for your whole class?: Of course, didn't everyone?

MARCH

1. Are you Irish? No.
2. Did you wear green on St. Patty's Day?: No.
3. What did you do for St. Patty's Day?: I can't remember, I may have been in Rome or was it London. I can't remember.

APRIL

1. Do you like the rain?: I have to, I live here.
2. Did you play an April Fool's joke on anyone this year?: No.
3. Did you get tons of candy on Easter?: Yes, a very large egg from Cammerino that had a very small bear in it. We must have hidden 300 eggs for our easter egg hunt this year. I found one a few months ago!

MAY

1. What's your favorite kind of flower?: spring flowereing bulbs and hellebores
2. Do you like the spring? Of course, I'm a life long gardener.
3. Finish the phrase: "April showers bring...": plant sales every weekend.
4. What would you think of as a spring color?: The chartreuse of the first flush of bracts on the euphorbia and the butter yellow of the ranunculus that pop up in the lawn.

JUNE

1. What year did you graduate from school?: Uni - 87, grad school the first time 93, the second 98.
2. Did you go on any vacations last June?: Nope, I had a bit of business travel.

JULY

1. What did you do on the 4th of july?: Flew back from Woods Hole/Boston in the morning to have dinner at home with some friends and run to the secret parking garage to watch fireworks.
2. Did you go on any vacations during this month?: Nope, all work related travel.

AUGUST

1. Did you do anything special to end off your summer?: Went to London for a few days to see my aunties.
2. What was your favorite summer memory of '05?: Nothing positive as the spring/early summer was hell.
3. Did you go swimming a lot in the summer?: No, I wish I had.
4. Did you go to the beach a lot?: Not at all.

SEPTEMBER

1. Did you attend school/college in '05?: Yup, Winter, Spring and Fall - finishing up my certificate in Preservation Planning and a project management class.
2. Who is/was your favorite teacher?: I have two that stand out, one is DCS who is a professor in Landscape Architecture at the University of Washington and Gail Dubrow, who helped guide my thesis work. Unfortunately, she's moved on to deanship and it is a loss to scholarship in historic preservation in general.
3. Did you like fall better than summer?: Yes, because fall here is much prettier.

OCTOBER

1. What was your favorite halloween costume ever?: When Jacques went as a s'more.
2. What's your favorite candy?: Depends, I like anything sour.
3. What did you dress up like this year?: Nothing, I was at home handing out candy and getting ready for a redeye to DC.

NOVEMBER

1. Whose house did you go to for Thanksgiving?: My parents.
2. Do you like stuffing?: Yes.
3. What are you thankful for?: My family, my health, my parent's health and love, my partner , our relationship, our friends, my education and as hokey as it is, having the "freedom" to travel throughout the world .

DECEMBER

1. Do you celebrate Christmas?: Yup.
2. Have you ever been kissed under mistletoe?: Yup.
3. What did you want this year for christmas?: My condo to sell.
4. What's the best present you ever got for christmas?: I can't remember, they are all excellent.
5. Do you like cold weather?: Not really.
6. How would you rate your year on a scale of 1-10?: 5. Not too great, i'm sorry to say. However, there is always room for improvement. ;)

2 comments:

jk said...

i followed your directions, and also took the quiz. i am so boring!

Unknown said...

I'll try this over the weekend. I suspect I may outdo you in the pitifully boring department!