Friday, December 02, 2005

flight, what flight?

Ever have that nightmare that it is the end of the quarter and you forgot you signed up for quantum physics or underwater basket weaving and you forgot to go to class all quarter?

I hate that.

Imagine how I felt when I logged into my email today to find out that my upgrade to JFK cleared for my 8:05 flight this morning and I hadn't booked it or remembered I was flying!

On my last SEA-JFK turnaround, they were oversold, so offered my seat and then offered me another flight and voucher. Turned out they didn't need me and my upgrade cleared, so I boarded the original flight. Apparently they had rebooked me anyways - leaving today and coming back tomorrow.

Hmm. Anyways, I called cancelled my flight and made sure that she had my flight next week still in the system.

Darn, I could have used ten hours of uninterrupted work time.

nm

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I actually have that nightmare quite frequently right along with dreaming I have lost my dorm room key and losing my locker combination...and forgetting to attend class all semester.

Unknown said...

Okay, day two and thanks to this post I had another infamous "I am late/forgot to go somewhere/Oh.My.God" dream. This time I was late to check out of a hotel...and couldn't find my key...and couldn't remember the room number. Uh...thanks...thanks for that :D Okay, no really, thanks...because it involved my since past mother and my since past father in law and it was really good to see them both :)

Nazila Merati said...

I'm glad I could offer you a chance to see your dearly missed.

However, I often forget my hotel room number and I'm still sure I forgot to drop introductory urdu.