Friday, October 21, 2005

how to survive a redeye flight

Trust me, I'm an expert.

Take a shower ahead of time, change into something comfortable, find one pair of those eyeshades, some ear plugs and some music ( I prefer soundtracks to fall asleep to).

Don't eat anything heavy for dinner, don't drink anything alcoholic either before or on the plane. Drink water, but you'll wake up somewhere over Buffalo and your seat opponent will be drooling on your shoulder and you'll be trapped.

To avoid being pinned, take the aisle seat.

If you are lucky enough to be flying in First or some sort of configuration where they serve something resembling food, tell the Flight Attendant not to wake you up for such things.

Trust me, food on the plane is not worth waking up for. However, dunkin donuts may be worth waiting for. :)

I'll report back tomorrow.

nm

2 comments:

jk said...

there were 39 folks on the 757 from bwi to phl. The FA said no one likes to get up for a 7:30 flight. Hey, if it saves me 200 bucks, i'll take a 530 flight.

well, maybe.

Nazila Merati said...

It was fine, really, the woman seated next to me on the way back talked too much, but other than that, I watched the interpreter and did sudokos.

I had one sausage link and then decided to eat my yoghurt parfait.

Tomorrow I'm doomed to coach.