Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Just in the nick of time


October Hydrangeas

Okay, I just came home from the acupunturist (get that metabolism back on track!) and it was raining. This should not be a real problem as I live in Seattle, but since I hung laundry outside to dry (quelle luddite and how martha), I was prissed. It was dry and I was happy.

Along with the millionth catalog from some outfit that sells cat polarfleece jackets and the christian coalition book of the month club (what is with that?) was the new lands end catalog.

Wow, some nice stuff in there including some pants that could get me through these troubled times (inablity to get into last winter's wardrobe). But damn skippy, if I could just get them to fedex me tomorrow so that I could take them to the tailor so that I can make it to DC looking polished.

Hmm, it may be worth it.

What do you think of these? Not really my type, but need something that will work with heels, not make me look terrible and go with a heather grey cashmere top and maybe one shirt? No one really cares what I wear but me. I sort of like it. :)

I love shopping on line, however, it is the inablity to check the sizing that kills me. I'd have them hem them if I knew they would fit.

I guess maybe its time to hit nordys in hope of finding a skirt and a pair of pants to make it through next week.

Well off to play in traffic to have dinner with some folks from FT and maybe get tired enough to go to bed without any need for manic cleaning.

nm

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You know...I grew up in and around the Beltway in DC...betcha didn't know that. Also, I secretly want to live in Seattle or somewhere else where it's extremely rainy. Rain for me is like a breath of fresh air...a rainy day is ALWAYS a good day :) Hope that you find some slacks that work :)