Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Fall in the flatirons

They say color has peaked. I will disagree.

I'm in Boulder now. Yesterday was chock a block of meetings followed by a well deserved nap. Last night I accompanied a friend to the 20th anniversary celebration of sushi Zanmai at the Boulder Theater. This black tie event was by invitation only and I was severely underdressed. They let me in anyways. :) Free sushi, checking out all the cocktail dresses, well drinks, karoke, the Zanmai band and all sorts of different entertainment kept us out of trouble for a few hours.

There was more alcohol than food at this shindig, so we headed to the bar at the Boulderado for a quick bite.

It was beautiful here today and will be tomorrow. Sunny,warm and the trees have all changed color. With the Flatirons in the distance and the blue skies, it is heaven, except that I still need to go into the lab for a few meetings tomorrow. At least I'll get out at lunch. :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so jealous. I have a terrible Jones for some good sushi.

Nazila Merati said...

The sushi wasn't soo good as I was competing with 900 hungry people for it, but the people watching was superb.

Who would have thunk there was such glamour in Boulder?

nm

jk said...

yes, glamour in boulder. home to "crocs." you know, those ugly rubber clogs i was wearing.

Nazila Merati said...

The guy sitting next to me on the plane was from Juneau and he was wearing crocs.

I still think they are ugly.