Friday, October 14, 2005

Cramped quarters and no powerports


Bag, schmag, when are we getting to the museums?

I'm going to DC today to see my friend J and her elusive Sis and BIL (I hope), enjoy some decent weather, read some trashy mystery on the plane and enjoy some Ethiopian food (hint). It should be okay flying. The flight is full, but I'm in a decent seat and there is puportedly food. I'll be doing my rounds at the Pacific Marketplace, natch. J. is picking me up from the airport and I'm treating her to dinner (remember, no 60 dollar bottles of wine, cupcake!). Hopefully, I won't bore her to death. :)

I am testing out a new computer bag that I bought after great deliberation on ebags. This is the model I bought. I should take my laptop, a few files and my new Nikon N50 without feeling like everything is getting crushed. My model (seen above) is not amused in the least. He says it needs to be more "structured" like this. I'll think about it. The bag is nice in that the inside is not also black, so there is a bit of contrast to find things.

So this is my rant about bags in general. I think that we should be able to try bagsout before we commit hundreds of dollars to them. The messenger bag, the little clutch, the luggage, the cute little backpack and especially the wallet. I was skeptical at first, but I'm thinking that this concept is not so bad especially before you make an over 250 dollar commitment or less depending on your budget. Trust me, I'm no trendsetter. I buy bags that are good quality and last a long time, but it would be nice to see how they work with the cell phone, filofax (old fashioned) and wad of keys, not to mention wallet.

I might even consider it - just to find the perfect messenger/laptop bag.

nm

No comments: