Sunday, October 23, 2005

thank g-d for little favours

Currently in the new JFK Terminal 9 Admiral's Club for the second time today. Outbound flight had a major mechanical and they found us a new plane, thankfully, in this terminal.

There are some pretty peeved people. I think they should all be thankful that 1. We're in the new terminal with decent food options and light and air and space 2. They found us a replacement plane in 15 minutes 3. There is no downgrading of equipment 4. We didn't have to do the terminal 9-8 third world shuffle 5. We didn't find this mechnical somewhere over Saginaw.

So, I'm missing dinner at Dahlia Lounge. There is always Wednesday night. Right?

By some act, my upgrades cleared for both flight.

They were showing March of the Penguins. I wanted to watch it, but I didn't want to be seen bawling next to my very important person who felt like ripping paper during the flight and decided that his secret confidential banking infomation didn't need his attention anymore, so he left them for the cleaning crew.

What a boy.

3 comments:

jk said...

I sat in front of a "ripper" last week. You know, those guys who seem to spend the entire flight loudly tearing paper into halves, then quarters, or whatever. I have yet to run into a female "ripper." I guess a single tear in half is good enough for us.

personally, if it's at all identifiable, i wait til i'm home, and shred. everything else is just tossed, no ripping or tearing.

Unknown said...

Richard, at my office, shreds once a week. He brings a plastic bag from home filled with his shreddables and then takes company time and the company shredder and shreds merrily for an hour.

Needless to say, I wish he'd shred his hand.

Nazila Merati said...

Z,

Have you watched the office? You must. Every office has a Richard. :(