Monday, October 10, 2005

Happy Mondays

Chihuly at Kew - August 2005

I love Mondays. I'm not a Boomtown Rats fan and I don't care much for the Happy Mondays either. What I love is the idea of starting the week fresh, even if it hasn't nothing that exciting to offer other than yard waste pickup or my cleaning diety coming through. I like passing time until my next adventure or milestone (businesspeak for a project goal).

This week is short for me, I have one day in the air that I plan to catch up on some stuffl I leave earlyish on Friday to go to DC to see my friend J. for a short weekend. My weekend is shot as I have a business trip next week, so all the putzing that most people do on the weekend, I will do in the few days I'm home and upright. I try and run all my errands to and from work, keep things as simple as possible and have hired others to do some of my dirty work (outsourcing is the word of the week). Our time at home is so precious that it is okay to have someone come and mow during the daylight hours. Okay, so I need to discuss the subject of keeping lawn clippings for the compost, but honestly, I just don't have time this year.

Is it expensive? Not really. Do I feel guilty? Slightly, only because he uses a gas mower. Do I enjoy the time I can now spend planting 800 bulbs in the waning autumn light. Yup.

No comments: