Tuesday, October 11, 2005

God I'm doing it again

The Pacific Marketplace at Sea-TAC. Decaf bittersweet mocha and something from Dish D'lish awaits me.

Flying back to NYC today. I am crazy and I actually have work to do today on the flight . I have a paper to start writing to submit for a meeting, a presentation to pull together for the end of the month and a spreadsheet that needs my utter concentration. I am hoping that I can pull off some of this today.

On the plane, if pressed I can do anything. There is no hall conversation, no phone calls, no work instant messaging and no interruptions. I love it.

If I'm lucky, I'll have no reclining onto my tray table and be able to get something done. If not, at least I'll catch up on my class reading and catch some zs.

an aside:

I went to blockbuster this evening around 8:30, there was a woman with school aged children and they were rip raring to go get a movie and drink a 2 liter thing of sprite (forget the caffeine, its the sugar)! I was gobsmacked, when did kids start hanging out and getting movies to start watching at 9 pm on a school night?

Me, I'm ready to download the copious spreadsheets I need for tomorrow and then off to sleep.

nm

3 comments:

jk said...

i think no caffeine in sprite, but you're right about the sugar. And that kiddies shouldn't be starting movies at 9pm. Perhaps they're home schooled.....

Nazila Merati said...

These kids did not look homeschooled, they just looked like kids whose parents just don't set rules. They also were buying candy to eat with the sprite. Yummers.


As a child, I brought down my jammies and blanket when I thought it was the appropriate time to sleep (7:30). I admit I am a freak.


The only reason I went was because I was hoping that Blockbuster had the last two dvds of up/down for the 3rd season. NOT. I ended up with curb your enthusiasm.

At least the last two years of up/down are waiting for me at the library. Whoo hoo. Thanks for getting me hooked.
nm

jk said...

ooh, don't watch them out of order...whatever you do. Please...stick to the order, even if you have to rejoin netflix to do so!